Monday, July 19, 2010

Great Hair

So, this title really has nothing to do with this entry, but there is a good story behind it. Last night I was at Ward Prayer (also called Ward "Stare" because people just go to check out other people in the ward) and my brother Kyle's friend (yeah, small world) came over and said he liked my hair. Actually, he said he had seen it from a distance and thought "Wow, that is some great hair!" and had to come over and tell me. This would have made my day on it's own, but the best part of the story is I had put no effort into my hairstyle that day. I mean, I did use some mousse, and did run the diffuser on it for a few minutes, but compared to the effort I usually put into my hair (on Sundays anyway) I really hadn't done that much to it yesterday. That is mostly due to the fact that I had an early meeting that ran late, which left me basically no time to fix it up before church. I decided to say "Oh well" because all that effort hasn't really gotten me anywhere the past few months, and apparently with very little effort (at least yesterday) I had some Great Hair.

Anyway, speaking of great hair, what this entry really was going to be about is the movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which I saw TWICE on Saturday. As my mom pointed out, I could have purchased the DVD of the movie for what was spent on two tickets, but the experience was well worth it. Okay, I guess "speaking of great hair" wasn't that great of a transition.....anyway...

The premise of the movie is that Merlin has died and one of his own apprentices must find the "Prime Merlinian," or the sorcerer who will take Merlin's place. Well, this is no easy task, and it ends up taking over 1,000 years. Fast forward from Mideival Europe to 21st century New York City, where Baltazaar finds his young pupil is a geeky science nerd, with a hopeless crush on a beautiful girl. This unlikely hero is barely surviving in the social world, when he is told he is a sorcerer--and not only that, but he's THE Sorcerer who must save the world from evil.

Now, it sound's pretty cheesy, a little on the "Dungeons and Dragons" side, and to be honest I wasn't to excited about seeing it. But Corrinn convinced me to go with her and her parents on Saturday afternoon, and it turned out that the casting was perfect, the storyline believable (if you believe in magic) and there was just the right mixture of action, suspense, and humor. I think I laughed all the way through, which for me is just the right amount of humor. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and left saying "I would definitely see that again!"

Little did we know that "again" would come less than 5 hours later, when we found ourselves once again in the theater (a different one this time) ready to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice again! We had gone on a walk with Maggie, a friend of Corrinn's, and Nancy, a friend of Corrinn's mother's, and were telling them about how great this movie was. Then someone (I don't remember who) suggested we go see it again that night! We were feeling adventurous, and since we had nothing else to do, we all agreed to go.

The second time was just as entertaining as the first, if not more-so, because we knew what to expect. Nancy brought her husband Franz, who claimed it was like going to the movies with his sisters because we all laughed the whole time. Sometimes we were the ONLY ones laughing in the theatre...but who cares anyway?

If you're looking for an entertaining (and appropriate) movie to go to this weekend, I would definitely suggest The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's a great movie, you'll want to go again, and besides...all the characters have Great Hair. Seriously. Check out the trailer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment